Sunshine Educational Pty Ltd is a company dedicated to scientific literacy and teaching physics to children. It has been publishing the "Primary Physics" series of workbooks since 1996 and is based in Sydney, Australia. Marti Ellen and Andrew Davies are the author and illustrator of the "Primary Physics" series and award-winning books Primary Physics: The principles behind Leonardo’s science and Primary Physics: The principles behind Roman machines
Marti Ellen has a Master of Science from Stanford University, USA, a Dip. Ed. from the Sydney Institute of Education and is the author of several papers on marine biology. She has taught Physics to young children since 1985. She has taught the Primary Physics program in several primary schools in NSW, home school science programs, conducted school holiday physics camps, and physics excursions at amusement parks.
- 2000 – NSW Science Teacher Conference at Sydney University
- 2001 – Department of Education, Employment and Training Conferences in Gippsland, Vic (Early Years Conference and Middle Years Conference)
- 2006 – NSWSTA conference at NSW University
- 2006 – Science Foundation for Physics training workshops for Outreach Program (teaching Physics Graduate students)
- 2006 – conducted in-service teacher trainings at primary schools in the Sydney metropolitan area
- 2007 – CAPE Adventist Professional Development Program
- 2007 – Teachers' workshops for the Leonardo da Vinci Machines international exhibitions (Sydney)
- 2007 – Attended NSW Board of Studies syllabus development forum
- 2012 – present: conducts Professional Development trainings in the metropolitan Sydney and Melbourne areas.
- 2013 – Published articles in Science Education News (journal of STANSW)
- 2013 – ASTA webinar presenter
Andrew Davies has a Bachelor of Design in Visual Communications from the University of Technology, Sydney and is the author of The Big Brain Book(HarperCollins). He is a graphic designer and illustrator who specialises in information graphics.